Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Running in Texas

It's hot here in Texas, um, it's not really but it's hot for me. I went running tonight in 85 degree heat. I just bought a water bottle belt to keep hydrated, and I used it extensively, but dang was I running slow. While technically my longest workout with Nike+, 40 minutes, I barely cleared two miles. I usually do two and a half in 35 minutes. Best thing about the belt is that it holds my key and ipod so I'm jogging hands free again.

Watched "Venus Wars" when I got back, after a shower and dinner, and it was excellent. Made in '89 the animation still stood up and the story was great! I thought I had seen it before but I think I had it confused with a different movie. Would recommend to anybody interested in anime. I've noticed a couple different anime titles that have strong women and strong women's rights, and I wonder if their culture is advanced as their media. I know pockets of US media that are way ahead of US culture, so I wonder if this is similar or if Japan is ahead of us in women's equality.

I doubt it, but then again we're not exactly doing a great job here in the States either. Compared to some backwards countries we're light years ahead, and we make progress in equality every decade but things could be much much better.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home