Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crying is wonderful III

I recently watched the last episode of "Lost." I've watched the entire series in 14 days.

24+24+22+14+17+17 = 118 episodes * 45min = 5310 min / 60 = 88.5 hours / 14 days = 6 hours and 20 minutes of "Lost" every day, or just under 8 and a half episodes a day. I like watching entire series at a time so the entire story is fresh in my mind, call backs are easily remembered and plot lines that are dropped for five episodes are recalled without surprise or loss of interest.

I highly recommend this style of viewing for "Arrested Development" as there is a large amount of running gags and continuing jokes, some take three episodes to pay off. While great while watching them back to back, I think a weekly viewer may have time connecting all the dots.

While I would recommend "Arrested Development" to anyone at even a episode every other day pace I don't think I'd do so for "Lost." I had a lot of problems with "Lost" the science was awful, almost unwatchable at some parts, even with accounting the fantasy elements. I hated just about every character at one point in the series, which I actually think means they were full, flawed, wonderful characters, but sometimes hard to watch when I hated most of the main characters. Season 4 was my least favorite, but I think acted as a primer for rest of series, but it seems like season four was an accidental primer and seasons 5 and 6 saved what would otherwise be a completely awful four.

Anyway the last episode was amazing. I don't think it was even that well done, but it pulled on all my heartstrings, not a particularly hard feat, but very enjoyable nonetheless. I cried the last fifteen minutes. With all the craziness that happens throughout the series I'm not sure how it could have been wrapped up better, but I look forward to discussing things with others who have watched the series, all at once like myself, and as it was airing. I wonder how peoples perspectives change depending on the viewing style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home