Sunday, March 27, 2011

Running

Been running more lately. I forgot how badly I suck at running. Surely I remember a time where running was easy and fun, where I ran for miles at a time. This is no longer the case. It's amazing what even a year can do to your body. I let myself go, and went off the deep end. Any way race to ONE MILLION!

14.5 miles = 7 runs

ONE MILLION millimeters = .62 miles, I run this every day I run
ONE MILLION centimeters = 10k or 6.2 miles, I knock this out over a span of three runs
ONE MILLION inches = 15.7 miles, I'm almost there
ONE MILLION decimeters = 100k or 62.1 miles, Average Americans drive half of this every day
ONE MILLION feet = 189.4 miles, Average Americans drive this in 6 days

ONE MILLION meters = 1,000k or 621.4 miles, or about the driving distance from New York to Detroit. If a person ran a 5k every other day, it would still take them over a year to run this distance.

ONE MILLION kilometers = 621,371 miles, No runner will ever achieve this goal, a person running everyday for 70 years would have to put in at least 24 miles every day. This distance is greater than running to the moon and back! (477,714 miles)

Run to the MOOOON! = 238,857 miles, Even the much shorter distance for a one way trip to the moon would require the 70 year runner to average over 9 miles a day. *sigh*

ONE MILLION miles! Equally impossible as 1,000,000k, the 70 year runner would now have to run just over 39 miles every day. This is an interesting number though, over the course of a 70 year life if you do something at least 40 times a day you will do that activity a million times!! I think about reading, If on average I read 40 pages a day, I could potentially read one million pages. The average American driver, will fall well short of the 1,000,000 milestone if they drive for 70 years, assuming 12,000 miles a year. Even assuming 13,000 miles a year, the driver falls almost 100,000 miles short. Fifteen thousand miles a year just barely does it, coming in at 1,050,000 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home